1. ―Come in, Peter, I want to show you something .
[误]―Oh, how nice of you ! I never think you are going to bring me a gift.
[正]―Oh, how nice of you ! I never thought you were going to give me a gift.
2. ―Hey, look where you are going !
[误]―Oh, I’m terribly sorry. I haven’t noticed .
[正]―Oh, I’m terribly sorry. I wasn’t noticing.
1. A. Have you anything to send ? 你有什么东西要寄吗？（不定式to send的动作执行者是you）
B. Have you anything to be sent ? 你有什么要（我或别人）寄的东西吗？（不定式to be sent 的动作执行者是已被省略的me 或someone else。）
2. Have you got a key to unlock the door? (A key unlocks the door.)
3. I have got a letter to write. (I write the letter.)
4. He needs a room to live in. (He lives in a room.)
5.[误] A. It is possible for our hopes to realize.
[正] B. It is possible for our hopes to be realized.
6. To be good at English, reading English every day is necessary.应改为：
To be good at English, you’d better read English every day.
7. To make a decision, everything must be taken into consideration.应改为：
To make a decision, you should take everything into consideration.
注意：1）不定式在作表语形容词的状语且与句中主语构成逻辑上的动宾关系时，不定式多用主动形式，这是因为人们往往认为形容词后省去了for one 或for people。例如：
He is hard to talk to (to talk to him.)
The book is difficult to understand. (to understand the book.)
2）在there be 结构中，当说话人考虑的是必须有人去完成某件事时，不定式用主动形式，如果说话人强调的是事情本身必须完成，则用被动形式。例如：
There is a lot of work to do. (Somebody has to do the work.)
There is a lot of work to be done . (The work has to be done.)
1. Entering the room, a letter was found on the ground. 应改为：
Entering the room, he found a letter lying on the ground.
2. Seeing from the top of the hill, the city looks like a beautiful garden. 应改为：
Seen from the top of the hill, the city looks like a beautiful garden.
3. Walking down the road, a department store was seen by me. 应改为：
Walking down the road, I saw a department store.
4. Hearing the sad news, his eyes were filled with tears. 应改为：
When he heard the sad news, his eyes were filled with tears.
5. Giving more time , he could do it much better. 应改为：
Given more time , he could do it much better.
1．Time permitting, I will finish another lesson.
2． The tiger being in the cage, I was not afraid of it.
Generally speaking, boys are more interested in playing football than girls.
Judging from his accent, he must be from the south.
Supposing you are in my position, what should you do?
There are ten players in all, including me.
1. He came to the party without inviting. 应改为：
He came to the party without being invited.
2. He was not used to speaking to like that. 应改为：
He was not used to being spoken to like that.
3. We were lucky that we just escaped catching the rain. 应改为：
We were lucky that we just escaped being caught in the rain
The sick man needed looking after.
My bicycle wants repairing.
The teaching plan requires further discussing.
1. When young , a lot of time was spent on football. 应改为：
When young , I spent a lot of time on football.
2. He won’t come unless inviting. 应改为：
He won’t come unless (he is ) invited.
若状语从句为it is necessary/possible…结构时，尽管主句和从句的主语不一致，也常常把从句中的it is 部分省略掉。例如：
Fill in the blanks with the articles where (it is )necessary.
We should finish the task as soon as (it is )possible.
At the age of four, his father died. 应改为：
When he was four years old, his father died.
1. The population of China is larger than Japan. 应改为：
The population of China is larger than that of Japan.
2. My pen is the same as you. 应改为：
My pen is the same as yours.
1. Four people lost his life in the accident. 应改为：
Four people lost their lives in the accident.
2. We each has an English Dictionary. 应改为：
We each have an English dictionary. / Each of us has an English dictionary.